PADI Divemaster Course
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
This first professional level certification will give you the training required to be able to answer students questions, supervise students in training, plan and execute dives, plan and arrange dive logistics, assist PADI Instructors, crew a dive vessel, lead and supervise dives, and much more.
The PADI Dive Master certification will give you the knowledge of an Instructor and the skills to be able to demonstrate skills to the highest standard, learning at Western Australia's only PADI Career Development Center.
A Perth Scuba Dive Master course to us, is like an apprenticeship. We want you to be able to finish your course and be totally ready for job placement or employment within the industry.
You will not only learn Dive master level theory, dive with Students in training and lead dives with qualified divers, You will be trained in dive retail, dive travel, minor repair equipment servicing and as a Perth Scuba Dive Master, you will also receive the DM “plus” certification allowing you to teach Discover Scuba courses in a swimming pool.
These valuable skills and additional areas you will be trained in, will put you in a great position to seek employment in any one of PADI’s 5800 dive shops and resorts around the world.
Looking for employment locally? Perth Scuba employ our own trained Dive Masters and Instructors, that’s why we have the best instructional team in Perth. And as we are part of the Dive Locker group of stores, we are even able to offer employment within the group to the right dive professional.
Who should take this course?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
Perth Scuba PADI Divemaster Course includes
- PADI Divemaster eLearning Pass
- Divemaster eLearning Crew Pack
- DSD Instructor Cue Cards
- Divemaster Slates
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- SCUBA Tune Up Guidebook
- PADI Pro Training Log
- PADI Professional Bag
- PADI Instructor Manual & eRDPML
- Divemaster Hologram
- 2 Boat Dives
- Pool Fees & Air Fills (for entire course)
- Fully supported internship
- Perth Scuba Shirt
- Equipment Discount for Students on Courses
- Employment within the Dive Industry for Suitable Candidates
- PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enrol in the PADI Divemaster course - if you are not already a Rescue Diver add Rescue Diver Course Package
- You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months stating your are FIT TO DIVE.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organisations may apply – ask Perth Scuba.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Leading Manta Club Dives
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
How can you start learning now?
Sign up now by booking below and paying your deposit to receive your PADI eLearning Pass. You can work through eight knowledge development sections using a web-based system that lets you learn at your own pace. You also have access to an online version of the Divemaster Manual for reference during and after the course.
Choose from visiting Perth Scuba or online to enrol in our fully inclusive course and get your Divemaster Crew-Pak, which also includes other reference materials – like the PADI Instructor Manual and The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course.
Consider taking Dive Theory Online, another PADI eLearning® program, that takes you step-by-step through dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment and environment, plus a Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) review. By successfully completing Dive Theory Online, you can get credit for half of the Divemaster Final Exam - add this as an option when booking if you'd like to earn extra credit and learn even more. Your PADI Instructor can explain how this works when you meet to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your waterskills exercises, workshops and practical assessments.
What scuba gear will you use?
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, cylinder, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. Perth Scuba has great training
professional packages so ask us when you book your PADI Professional Course about our options. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your Perth Scuba team will suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
When do you start?
Perth Scuba will send your PADI eLearning Pass to you within 24 hours of your booking so you can start your theory immediately in the comfort of your own home.
Your course commences at Perth Scuba with a Orientation and Watermanship Skills Day. Perth Scuba conducts our Divemaster skills sessions on the first Sunday of every month throughout the year, with an Orientation evening on the Thursday prior to go through all your upcoming skills and training program.
How long will it take?
The Perth Scuba PADI Divemaster Course can be scheduled to suit you with a range of options:
- Divemaster Intensive Course - 12 days full time with self study in the evenings (additional charges apply, add Intensive option to your course)
- Divemaster Internship Course - up to 12 weeks part time with self study