Instruct Snorkelling Course
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Canning Vale, WA
Thank you for your interest in Perth Scuba’s “Instruct Snorkelling Skills SISOSNK403A” course.
As you may be aware, effective January 1st 2020 it will become a requirement for teachers conducting snorkelling activities in Western Australia to have the Instruct Snorkelling Skills Course SISOSNK403A qualification before being able to run snorkelling programs within schools.
Perth Scuba has made this course available for interested teachers and outdoor education staff who would like to obtain this qualification. We are currently gauging interest on course dates in early December as our Course Director Allan Bartlett will be completing 2 back to back courses of 3 days each.
Places are strictly limited to 8 persons per course and we will only be running the two courses PRIOR to the new school year.
If you would like to book a place on one of these courses, please advise by return email as soon as possible and we will send you a booking confirmation link.
COURSE OVERVIEW & PHILOSOPHY
The Instruct Snorkelling Skills course has been designed to qualify individuals to instruct snorkelling skills.
Candidates who successfully meet all Instruct Snorkelling Skills course competency requirements will receive a statement of attainment in the unit of competency
SISOSNK403A Instruct Snorkelling Skills, issued by PADI Asia Pacific Registered Training Organisation
To obtain a statement of attainment for SISOSNK403A Instruct snorkelling skills, candidates must meet all course performance requirements, and:
- Complete Knowledge Development and a Knowledge Assessment
- Complete a snorkelling skills workshop and assessment
- Complete a snorkeler rescue assessment
- Complete practical application workshops and assessments
All course participants will require the following equipment for their course:
- Buoyancy Control Device
- Dive knife or tool
- Exposure protection (as appropriate)
- Please Note - all of this equipment can be supplied at no charge to participants.
What qualification do you receive upon successfully completing the Instruct Snorkelling Skills Course?
- Upon demonstrating competency in all aspects of the Instruct Snorkelling Skills course, you will receive a statement of attainment from PADI Asia Pacific’s RTO for the unit of competency SISOSNK403A Instruct snorkelling skills for $499
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid additional fee of $95 if you do not already hold this prerequisite
- 22298VIC Provide basic Oxygen additional fee of $95 if you do not already hold this prerequisite
- Skin Diver certification $95 is a prerequisite if you hold a diving qualification this is not required.
HLTAiD003 Provide First Aid $95 (Pre requisite)
22298VIC Provide Basic Oxygen $95 (Pre requisite)
PADI/ SSI/ Other Skin Diver Qualification $95 (Pre Requisite) * NA if candidate is qualified diver
SISOSNK403A Instruct snorkelling skills $499
All 4 qualifications $724
HLTAiD003 Provide First Aid
22298VIC Provide Basic Oxygen
Pool session - Including
- 400m timed swim
- 15 minute tread water
- 800m timed snorkel
- Snorkel inert rescue
Snorkelling skills work shop including:
- Skill 1 — Dive Site Set Up and Management
- Skill 2 — Snorkelling Briefing
Day 3 Open Water
- Practical Assessment: Snorkelers in Open Water
We will endeavour to complete the final day - day 3 Open Water onboard Perth Scuba’s vessel Blue Destiny at Rottnest Island to provide real life examples of areas which can be used for snorkel trips, camps etc. This is weather dependent and will be provided at no additional charge.
Places are strictly limited to 8 persons per course and we will only be running the two courses PRIOR to the end of January 2019.